As we discussed the best standard plugins in our first part of The Best WordPress plugins of 2017-2018, it is now time for 10 kick-ass plugins to improve the (mobile) loading speed of your website.
According to research firm Aberdeen, a fast website increases visitor engagement, retention, and boosts sales. Instantaneous websites lead to higher conversion rates, and every 1 second delay in page load decreases customer satisfaction by 16%, page views by 11% and conversion rates by 7%.
10 Best WordPress plugins to improve loading speed
First, do a pre-test via Google Pagespeed, but I think Pingdom tools (choose Stockholm test) give a better picture.
- WP smush (this plugin compresses photos so your photos have less kb and load faster).
- WP Super Cache (for fast loading times of your website) and Cloudflare (free plan).
- WP fastest cache plugin is also a great alternative to WP Super Cache. Meanwhile (in January 2018) the plugin W3 Total Cache is also up-to-date and good to choose.
- BJ lazy load (this plugin ensures that you load images a bit later than the text of your website, this saves a lot of loading time and prevents (mobile) users from dropping out).
- Far future Expiry header (Check first if your headers already have an end date via Pingdom tools for loading time / Stockholm).
- Widget options (so you can determine where widgets are coming, and to keep your home space fee, limit loading time).
- JCH Optimize (Good plugin to merge background images).
- TinyPng (This is another great plugin to drastically reduce the size of your images).
- Perfmatters. This plugin is a great addition to already installed Cache plugins. WordPress enables certain options by default, that aren’t needed for most websites and have a negative impact on the performance. available from $19,95 per year.
Improve loading speed with FML Marketing
To improve your SEO, the loading speed of your website is crucial. Moreover, this has a rather large impact on the behaviour of your website visitors. We help our clients with a full website analysis, improving speed, conversion, interaction and the overall website behaviour of your clients. Contact us without any obligations for more info or a quote! Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to subscribe and share.